04.14.15 HAPPINESS


I was enjoying the comfort of my bed after a great sleep. Finally, it was the weekend. I opened the blinds and the sun shone on my face. It was the warmest sunshine I've felt in months. I felt happy. I felt alive.

Everything's falling into place and I feel like I'm where I need to be. With summer on the horizon, I look forward to finishing the rest of this year with happiness. So far it's been a year for self-care. A year for me. I've had to be selfish in some ways, but when you go through hard times, you need to put yourself first. It's tough, but those who love you will understand. And I'm thankful that they did.

I realized all of this as the sun was shining down on me. It's like the sunlight energized my mind. It brought life to my life-less body. It opened up my heart to gratitude. Gratitude for my health, to be able to have this day, and to experience such a full and enriching life.

To me, happiness is a state of mind. It can be hard to get there, but when you finally make it, try not to let go. And be grateful always.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As I’ve mentioned before, a group of bloggers have gotten together to start a little ONLINE BLOGGING GROUP to share advice, get feedback, and support each other. We’ve decided once a month to all write a post on the same topic. Below you’ll find links to all of the wonderful ladies in the group so that you can read about what happiness means to them, too. I highly encourage you to check them out- you might find some new favorite blogs! 

5 comments:

  1. I love this. Very well said. It can definitely be hard to get to the point of total happiness, but it feels so good when you reach it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it feels like for the sun to literally breathe life into my mind. Sometimes it has the power to just wash all of your darkness away. Thank you for this beautiful post Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing that you're where you're need to be is the best feeling in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking care of yourself is the best way to ensure happiness. Sometimes that means other people have to take a backseat, but ... you have to live with yourself the longest, so you have to be a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes girl! Sometimes you need to be selfish to get things done. I find the sunshine especially energizing. I love to close my eyes and soak it in as I turn my face towards it. Its truly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: 0 !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }