04.06.15 TAKING BACK MY FITNESS


Now that I have a better work-life balance, I feel like I can take control of my life again. I'm not drained at the end of the work day. I have energy to move. I have time to dedicate to self-care.

I've taken up yoga over the past few months. At first I did it to help deal with my anxiety. And you know what? It helps. It actually helps. And I feel amazing after every class. I want to do yoga all the time, but it's so darn expensive! Regardless, it's become a staple in my life.

This week I'm getting myself a gym membership to a local recreation centre that gives me access to cardio equipment and weights. I like yoga for relaxation, so I will make sure to get my cardio when I go to the gym.

And now that it's beautiful out, I have visions of runs on trails and along rivers. I signed up for soccer for the first time in years and I don't know if I can even sprint anymore. Maybe I should have figured that out before signing up?

I hope that you will join me in my adventure and read my odd fitness posts. I'm excited to take back my health and active lifestyle. It's time for me to rebuild this area of my life and I'm so happy I can finally do it.

What do you do to stay active?

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear you are getting your balance back!! I personally just walk EVERYWHERE (20 minutes to work, 20 minutes home... 20 minutes at lunch)... and all of that walking really adds up. I also do crunches or planks every other day (when I actually think about it)... I have never been able to get into Yoga... Have you tried pilates? I took a class for an entire semester - felt so good!

    ReplyDelete

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: 0 !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }