04.10.15 DECONSTRUCTING DINNER


When I'm out of ideas for dinner, I like to pick apart some standard meals to figure out what specific ingredients I feel like eating. Then when I catch on something I love, say, sweet potatoes, I start to think up all the things that go well with sweet potatoes.

Sometimes I don't piece back the ingredients into a blended meal. In fact, I love to leave the meal deconstructed. Each ingredient stands alone. It is perfect just the way it is. And I'm not by myself in this, the explosion of the "lunch bowl" concept proves that!

Next time you are looking for dinner inspiration, try it yourself! There are tonnes of lunch bowl variations if you decide to google it. I've seen some good ones on the Oh She Glows website like this one (what an appetite!) and this one (inspired my dinner tonight). Make sure your meal is a well balanced blend of food groups to maximize nutrition. It's super easy, and trust me - you'll love it!

Meal pictured above: roasted cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes, hummus, naan bread, quinoa and asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: 0 !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }